20 Questions with QB Bishop George, Loyola Prep
Bishop George is an underrated QB who plays for Loyola Prep High School. The Flyers have had some special athletes come through their program and Bishop falls into that category. This kid is a good athlete with a big arm. The Senior is also an outstanding leader on and off the field. Meet Bishop in today’s 20 Questions.
Interview by Jace LeJeune
1. Name,age,and position?
Bishop George, 18, Quarterback
2. Height & Weight?
6-1, 215 lbs
3. 40-yard dash time?
4. How long have you played QB? Were you always a QB?
QB Bishop George, Loyola High School-Property of LAFM
I’ve played QB for 8 years but I was an offensive linemen until the 5th grade.
5. Is there anyone in your family that played ball at a High School, College, or even professional level?
My dad and my brother both played Highschool ball. My dad played safety for Shreve and my brother Tripp was a 3 time All-State linebacker for Loyola.
6. Do you plan on being a quarterback in college?
Yes,I definitely do.
7. If so, Have you gone or are you going to any college camps, and if so where?
I’v attended Notre Dame, LSU, and Tulsa’s college camps.
8. What do you like most about football?
The thing I love most about football is how big the competitive aspect of the game is, there is nothing else like it.
9.What do you need to improve on for this year and for future years to come?
Glorifying God on the field and in the hearts of my team.
10.What is your strength at playing QB?
I think my strength as Quarterback is just the total mental aspect of the game
11.What are your favorite teams?
My favorite football teams are LSU and the Saints .
12.Who are your favorite players?
My favorite players are Drew Brees and Odell Beckham Jr.
13. Favorite school subject?
My favorite school subject is biology.
14. What do you want to do professionally when you’re finished playing ball?
After football I want to be an Officer in the Navy.
15. What are your three favorite colleges in Louisiana and why?
My three favorite colleges in Louisiana are LSU, Tulane, and LA Tech. These schools are my favorite because of the deep Louisiana tradition these schools bring to the table.
QB Bishop George, Loyola Prep-Photo Courtesy of George Family
16. Did you participate in any other sports? Why did you choose football?
Other sports I participate in are boxing and tennis. I choose football because I love being apart of a team and competing with your teammates towards a common goal.
17. Do you have any superstitions or routine/something you do before every game?
If I had a good game the week before I will sit in the same desks at school and do everything I can to replicate the day I had the week before.
18. What are your goals this year in regards to the team this year?
Our goals as a team this year are to play every game with no regrets and to play each game as if it’s our last.
19. Favorite football memory?
My favorite football memory is watching Khalil Sumlin return a blocked punt for a touchdown to win the game against Woodlon.
20. Who are your role models?
My biggest role models are my dad and my oldest brother Tripp. I also love my mom and everything she has done for me as well.