Archbishop Rummel Raiders
The Rummel Raiders have been on quite a run the last three years. Two State Championships and a run to the semi-finals is extremely impressive. We were able to step in and talk to Coach Jay Roth this past Monday about his team and some of the graduating seniors. This team will has a lot returning in 2015 with QB Chase Fourcade, CB Kristian Fulton, and DL Briston Guidry being just a few of the teams excellent players. The question will be if they can replace their great Offensive Line which lost three veterans.
Before we get to the 2015 class, I would like to give a shout out to Lee Roussel who recently became Nicholls State new Offensive Line Coach. Lee really did a great job at Rummel and is a great hire for Coach Rebowe and the Colonels.
2015 class Recruit Update
DL Tyrell Jacobs 6-4, 260 lbs
- This kid is a big body with loads of talent. Jacobs was an absolute beast clogging up the middle this past year. You can expect the same out of him playing college ball.
- A lot of interested schools here but the top three right now are probably Missouri, Illinois, and Georgia Tech
OL Ryan Hanley 6-0, 245 lbs
- Ryan is a three year starter for this team and been one of the best O-Linemen in state all three years.
- Nicholls State has offered. I expect to see Ryan playing for Coach Roussel for at least a few more years.
DB Brandon Phillips 5-11, 200 lbs
- Brandon’s performance against Acadiana this past season may have been the most impressive individual player performance in the entire state.
- UTEP along with several 1AA schools are showing interest in Brandon. Whoever gets this kid is getting a steal.
WR/CB Damien Jeanpiere 5-11, 165 lbs
- Damien is an all-around talented kid. He has good hands, excellent speed/agility, and (like most Raiders) is tough.
- Nicholls State and Northwestern are both showing interest.